Hello, my lovely Pin Cushions!!!
I want to thank you all for your patience. I took some much-needed time to contemplate my reopening plan. There were a lot of factors to consider, but I believe I came up with what is best for me and, hopefully, what is best for you.
I plan to reopen Palouse Acupuncture on May 15, 2020, barring any surprises!
I will be taking the following extra precautions at the clinic to ensure both your safety and mine:
First, I will be calling everyone the day (or two) before their appointment to prescreen.
Screening questions before your appointment include the following:
• Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100°F or above?
• Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath?
• Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
• If yes on any, you may reschedule without penalty.
• I have revised my Cancellation Policy: There is no penalty if you wake up with cold or flu symptoms and need to cancel the day of, but please notify me as soon as possible.
Second, I will request that you come to your appointment wearing a face mask. It can be cloth or an N95 mask, but it must cover both your nose and mouth and be worn through the duration of your appointment. I also purchased a no-contact thermometer and am looking forward to checking each of your temps upon arrival!
Third, I will be wearing a face mask as well as scrubs and I will be limiting “table talk” during your treatment to just the Q & A that provide enough information to make a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. This will ensure we have enough time for you to receive a full treatment, dress, and pay, and for me to disinfect the space before the next Pin Cushion arrives.
Last, I will not be administering cupping or guasha during the month of May in order to limit physical contact.
I genuinely CANNOT WAIT to get back to work! However, I am taking this matter very seriously and I expect you to do the same. If there is even a hint of an upsurge of local cases of COVID-19, I will be of the first businesses to close shop and will call you to cancel your upcoming appointment. I am not interested in putting you or your loved ones (or myself and mine!) in harm’s way.
Looking forward to treating you soon.